Did you realize your wins?

It has been an year I am living without my family. When I left my home, I was very excited. I remember around 3 in the morning, it was utter dark. My flight was around 6 AM. I wanted to go alone but Indian parents would never let a girl go alone when she is actually going to shift to a new city.

My mum was so sleepy that she slept in the car, my dad was just worried counting the number of my bags, my brother was worried about our dog back home alone and wanted to drop us as soon as he can and I was constantly smiling while looking at the empty sky. I'm not sure if you would understand the excitement of a kid who is going to be independent soon. I was scared, I was excited, I was happy, I was surprised, I had every emotion at that moment.

I have been wondering so long now about this fact, life keeps on giving us so many adventures. I have had been with a number of personalities since my school days and now when I look at them, everything's changed so much. There were people engrossed so much in Facebook and orkut back then I could not find a most of them on social media now. There were people who were always in the front, I cannot recognize them in a crowd now. There were people who were introverts, now posting stories working out and hanging out with people. There were even those who were never into studies and had nothing to do with future, now completing their MS abroad.
I wonder what must have changed these people! And then there are those as well who are the same, following the same pace in life.

If I look at myself, things have changed so much for me. My principles have changed. I am not what I used to be and this is really a mixed effort of all kind of decisions I have made resulting from the experiences I had. But in this journey of transformation, I really never got a chance to understand or observe these changes taking place in me. But now after 6-7 years, my brain is equipped enough to understand the change. Strange, isn't it? We ourselves do not know the things happening to us, the changes happening to us!

We all change so fast! Like, so so fast. It feels like yesterday I used to be in school and my little brother was always around me. He used to wait outside his class so I would come and hold his hand till we move out of the school gate. Now he is a grown man, he isn't the same who waits for his sister anymore. I never realized what worth that moment had when I was living it. But, things change and we understand when its gone.

We are so engrossed in this hustle of life and in an attempt to win that we do not realize we have been having our own little moments of wins all our life. Those were the wins that kept importance to oneself. We are in a world where we need to win for others and I do not see it wrong. But, in this run, I do not want to overlook the wins I had for myself.

When I had my brother holding my hand every morning while going school and coming back, in every birthday party we used to be in, he would sit in the same chair with me but now he has his own life, he does not need his sister's shadow to be in. When my parents didn't allow me to go to school with my own bicycle to when they gave me my own vehicle. When my parents used to take me to shop for every birthday of mine to me bringing gifts for my family every time I come home. When my grandmother with the longest and darkest hair, talking all day long and shouting on everyone to the silent old grey-haired lady of the family who cannot sleep worrying if I am doing well in a different state and city but still happy to see me this way. Things change and they do right infront of us but we fail to realize. We are winning in every situation but we fail to realize. When we win, the run ends, the things change but we do not see it. All of this is covered with the big picture that needs so many parts like these to be assembled together to even make a way for it.

Your life will seem worth, when you realize all your wins, and when you understand them. Did you realize your wins?





Popular posts from this blog

My explanation for losing it!

What are you chasing?

You are allowed

Did you accept who you are?

Are you dead?

What about your Que?

Bitter realisation

Yes! I'm an emotional fool.

My part of real reality!

Are you Powerful?